In our news today as an arrested suspect, Emmanuel Nnaji ‘M’ age 15 years, a native of Awala in Ideato South LGA of Imo State who was arrested with bullet wounds during an attack on a police station in Imo state gave credible information as to the whereabouts of his fellow comrades.
The suspect gave a vivid description of a Hotel located in Orlu where the bandits stayed, planned before they executed their dastardly act on the police stations.
The suspect further stated that the owner of the Hotel has been accommodating and assisting them financially.
CSP Michael Abattam, spokesperson of the state police command said the suspect volunteered and led security forces to the location of the hotel.
On arrival, the hotel and house were cordoned and searched. Twenty-six suspects including seven females in the hotel were arrested and the following exhibits were recovered.
The IPOB and Eastern Security Network members allegedly masterminded and carried out the attack on the Omuma Police station and Njaba Police Station respectively last week.
According to the police, the bandits stormed the police stations on two different occasions, and during the gunbattle, a Divisional Police Officer was killed.
The exhibits recovered from the suspects include:
(1) ONE AK47 RIFLE WITH TWO MAGAZINES LOADED WITH 55 ROUNDS OF LIVE AMMUNITION.
(2) FIVE PUMP-ACTION GUNS
(3) TWO DOUBLE BARREL CUT TO SIZE GUNS
(4) FOUR DOUBLE BARREL LOCALLY-MADE PISTOL
(5) THREE SINGLE BARREL LOCALLY MADE PISTOLS
(6) EIGHT SIX LIVE CARTRIDGES
(8) TWO BAGS OF WEEDS SUSPECTED TO BE INDIAN HEMP
(9) BIAFRAN FLAG AND BERET
(10) ESN CAP
(11) FOUR PAIRS OF ARMY CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS AND A CAMOUFLAGE BAG
(12) A SIGNBOARD WITH BIAFRA INSIGNIA.